The TS4000 is a high performance radio modem
supporting over the air data rates up to 19,200 bits
per second. Its advanced data processing architecture
allows high data throughput even on narrow 12.5, 7.5 and
6.25 kHz channels.
The TS4000 incorporates a wide range of high
performance radio modules which meet the stringent
demands of both domestic and international regulatory
agencies. Advanced features including address selective
store-and-forward data repeating, multilevel packet
management, remote system adjustment and network wide
diagnostics makes the TS4000 the new benchmark for
next generation radio modems.
- High speed channel rates in excess of 19,200
bits per second
- Selectable operating modes for transparent and
packet data operation
- Addressed communications for devices not
- Store-and-forward data repeating for wide area
- Two individually configurable data ports
- Supports data activation (three wire) and
RTS/CTS handshake protocols
- Powerful network diagnostics for non-intrusive
monitoring of all radio and data network
- Built-in bit error rate (BER) monitoring
- Configurable RF output power levels
- Programmable receive sensitivity level
(squelch) for use on noisy channels
- Watertight case option for field work and
- Clear Channel Scan - The TS4000 can be
configured to automatically select the best
channel for communication.
- Automatic CW Station ID - The TS4000 can be
configured to periodically transmit a Morse code
- Two highly configurable user data serial ports.
- Primary port supports connection to virtually any
asynchronous user device.
- Secondary port used as diagnostics port,
synchronous port, or separately addressable
packet data port.
- Full Handshake and Data Activation modes
supported on both ports.
- Data Activation mode requires only receive and
transmit data lines for full communications with
- Data rates from 300 to 19,200 baud.
- RS-232, RS-485 or TTL signal levels.
- Synthesized transceivers cover VHF, UHF, and 900
- Programmable RF output power levels.
- Channel frequencies, stored in internal flash
memory, are selectable on the fly using simple
ASCII command strings.
- User selectable scrambling codes for private
- Optional error correction block coding (FEC) with
bit interleaving to correct channel induced data
- User selectable transparent or AirNet packet data
Packet Data Protocol
- Allows user directed transmissions to only
- Provides addressed communications for devices
that are not directly addressable themselves.
- Can be optimized for point to point, point to
multipoint, and full mesh networks.
- Supports group and all-call broadcast
- Built-in CSMA/CA algorithm minimizes transmission
collisions to maximize channel efficiency and
- Individual TS4000s can be configured as
store-and-forward data repeaters to extend radio
- Windows based configuration software provides
quick setup and testing of TS4000 radio modems
- Flash memory program storage allows easy in-field
- AirTest is included with the TS4000 configuration
program. AirTest is a general purpose wireless
modem test program that can be used to verify
operation and to gather performance statistics
(BER) about the link between modems.
- The TS4000 configuration program comes with
AirScan that enables the TS4000 to be used as a
Rugged and Reliable
- Optional watertight housing and connections
designed to withstand abuse from field and marine
- External interfaces protected against voltage
transients, reversed polarity, electrical shorts
and high VSWR.
- Two year no nonsense warranty.
- Free technical support provided during all phases
of installation and use.
This product is
available for domestic and international sale. For
domestic sale, some frequency bands cannot be approved by
the Federal Communications Commission. Therefore, some
devices are not, and may not be, offered for sale or
lease, or sold or leased within the United States and its
[ TS4000 Downloads
| Home | Products | Downloads |
| Our Company | Contact Info |
Copyright © 1998-2018 Teledesign Systems
Inc. All rights reserved.